1.25.2008

Ten Weeks

I cant believe that I have been at site ten weeks!! They say that in the Peace Corps, the days are slow but the months are fast. Its true. This past week has been somewhat eventful in that I have been visiting and meeting people in the community. Of course I have to explain to them all that I will be leaving soon for a month to finish up my training in Thies. But I will come back, Im sure of it. I really like my site. Sure its ugly, but the people are soo kind and wonderful and there is good work to be done. I hope.

Tonight is American night at my house and I am cooking spaghetti for my host family. I hope they like it. If not, thats just plain un American. Everyone loves spaghetti. It is doubling as a going away party for me. I am having some volunteers over for girls night on Saturday and then Sunday we all move back to Thies for three weeks of training. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone again. There will be some good stories, I am sure of it.

Other than that life here is blissfully uneventful.

No comments: