4.02.2008

And Im Back

My vacation in England was perfect but like all good things, has finally come to an end. I arrived in Dakar at 3am Monday morning and have been hanging out here ever since. Tomorrow I will be attending a SED conference where all business volunteers in the Dakar region will get together to discuss the projects we are currently working on as well as how we can work together on future projects. It will be good to see everyone when they come in. The past few days have been spent watching movies back to back, eating the rest of the chocolate easter eggs Terrys mom sent back with me and trying to convince myself not to just turn around and head back to England. So far so good and I am planning on heading back to site on Friday, which Ive just discovered may be more difficult than I originally thought since tomorrow is the Senegalese Independence Day and everyone has the day off work. I am hoping for an overdedicated driver that will be heading in my direction....

I have ideas of work to be done when I get back to site, but no guarantee that anything will actually get done. I will let you know how things turn out.

No comments: