4.27.2008

Am Na Beneen Muus, Quoi

In Wolof that means i have another cat. Lisa found a kitten at her house and I couldnt say no so no I have a roommate. Her name is Ellie, she is tiny and adorable and my host family is terrified of her. Senegalese, for the mostpart, HATE cats and my family is horrified that I have one living with me. I pretended to throw her at my host brother while he was making fun of me and he screamed like a little girl and ran. My host mother also ran and hid behind me when Ellie went to nuzzle up aginst her. So funny. I know I get a lot of people talking about me, but that happens anyway and now I have some company in the house.

Work is going really well at the moment. I finished the first round of interviews for the scholarship and these girls are aweomse!!! Next round of interviews next week...Still teaching various computer and english classes. More news about them when I have more time on the internet.

2 comments:

KatieMc said...

Hi Mandi! What does little Ellie eat?

the great kali-llama said...

awww! i know that i love my cats for their company...
one of my cats LOVES sprouts... see if yours wants any greenry.
and little balls- super fun!