5.02.2008

Business As Usual

In response to the questions, Ellie eats cat food I buy from the foreign import store and drinks milk. I gave her water instead last week and she stuck her nose up at it. My cat is a snob already. Oh well, so am I in some ways.

As far as work, the home interviews with the girls continue. I had my first one on Tuesday, one tonight and ten this weekend. It should be a long one but the first one went so well that I am looking forward to the rest of them. I dont know how I am going to narrow it down to four when they are all amazing!! I have been asking if they would be interested in forming a girls club and all signs point to yes, so tomorrow I am headed back to the school while the girls have class to talk to the principal about how I would go about getting sponsorship. I am very excited about this project.

I have spent two mornings this week at the youth library working on the inventory project. Two hours this morning and I only ended up entering 115 books. There are 5000. I will be there a lot in the next month. M. Diallo (the supervisor) is supposed to be entering book information in the afternoons when I am not there, but has not actually started yet. I will go check on him tomorrow. I will not do this alone. After all of the books information is in the database, we will use Access to check out the books and I will spend a week or so showing how to use and maintain the database. Should be fun after all of this horrible, tedious data entry is taken care of.

So thats how I spend my time. Sometimes (like right now) I take breaks to meet other volunteers in Thies for lunch and eat ice cream. I dont care how much weight Im gaining here, some things are just plain necessary to mental well being. Also, I am going to St. Louis next weekend for the international Jazz fest which I have heard really good things about and am super excited to get to go to. I will let you know how it turns out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that things are all coming together for you baby, Good luck this weekend with the interviews.
Speak to you soon. Love T XOXOXO

KatieMc said...

You'll be going to St. Louis as in St. Louis, MO or another St. Louis I don't know about???