12.09.2007

Dakar Fun

Back in Dakar for another weekend of softball, movie marathons and all around madness. I know, my life is rough, huh? Played catcher in the two games yesterday and am limping around today regretting it. I def dont work out here. Not much has really happened thats eventful these last two days, but I feel like I should post because I have time and access to the internet at the moment before I head back to site.

This week I am planning on meeting with several NGOs in the area to talk about what they do and get a feel for the work thats being done in my community already and hopefully find out if they are interested in a little help. PAPES, which works with small business development, has an office in Pout and I am meeting with them tomorrow afternoon and will head into Thiès on Wednesday to meet with Tostan, which was started by a former PCV and does development work. Also hoping to hit up one of these literacy courses finally, but well see. Still trying to find out where I fit into this whole development picture, who I can work with and what I can do for them that will be helpful. Luckily I have nothing but time to think about this. By the next time I post, I may have a potential work partner. Im starting to get cabin fever and really need to step up my game here. Talking about work that is, not softball. So yeah, thats my life.

No comments: