12.04.2007

Its Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

A Senegalese Christmas, that is. Sand, sand and more sand. Im not holding my breath for a white christmas this year. Maybe next? Its official, Kira and I are spending Christmas with two other volunteers in Richard Toll, up north. Bryn asked me to make sure I pack my swimsuit. How weird is it that my christmas plans involve sitting by a pool? This will be a first.

In other news, everything is good. For those of you curious about what to send for Christmas: junk food. Any American snack food is warmly accepted by us PCVS. Cant afford to send anything big? No problem. Cards are also enthusiastically accepted. And they only cost 90 cents to mail. Dont feel like popping anything in the mail? Give it away. Arkansas Literacy Councils and Friends of Senegal and The Gambia are both great organizations that could benefit from donations, so check em out. They need Christmas presents too, you know.

So Im in Thiès for the day to check my mail, use the internet and meet up with other volunteers for lunch, then back to site. My goals for this week are to finish up my place and then meet at least 2 of the 4 NGOs that I hear currently work in Pout. Im really starting to feel worthless as I do nothing all day long and am still exhausted by it so I have decided to be productive. I will let you know when and if that happens. Its really hard, ok?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

right now all i can send is a card, but if mom is paying shipping for a package you will definitely see a bunch of sweets bought by yours truly.

i want to send you: a giant bag of peanut m&ms, the latest glamour, a "vote hillary '08" sticker, peachios, and probly a card tucked in there.

just wait, when im rich it is coming.

sk.