12.25.2007

Merry Christmas!!

My first Christmas abroad, and its really quite strange. Kira and I caught a ride up north to Richard Toll to hang out with three other volunteers for the holidays. Its really good to be with Americans, since it certainly doesnt feel like Christmas. Kira and Bryn went sunbathing this afternoon. On Christmas! What?! Also, Josh is a jew. But he showed up anyways, bless him. He played Santa this morning and distributed presents. First time for everything, right?

Spent last night at the French missionaries house here. We had a nice christmas dinner and had brownies and cookies and ate brownies and watched movies. Perhaps not exactly what I had hoped for, but they were really nice and even gave us christmas presents. Also, sazt up on the roof looking into Mauritania and listening to Christmas music. Bryn made us all stockings full of pens, chocolate and drink mix, all of which are excellent gifts for a current PCV. This evening we are going to dinner at the nieghbors house and watching the Nightmare Before Christmas. Im just happy its Christmas.

So I wish you all a merry Christmas!

2 comments:

the great kali-llama said...

Merry Christmas love!!!

KatieMc said...

HI there friend! I just caught up on your blog--I've been away from it for too long. Hey, thanks for the plug for ALC. We got one online donation and I wonder if it was from your blog reader! I need to get off my duff and send you a care package. Or at least another card!