2.06.2008

Le SuperBowl

So for those of you who were concerned, worry no more, I did watch the Superbowl. Live. There is a really nice hotel in Thies where the volunteers are having out traning that let us rent out a room and we showed up at 12:30am to watch the kickoff. There were of course no nachos, chicen wings, or even food. The whole thing was horribly dubbed in French, so each touchdown resulted in an ooh lala!! Cetait tellement magnifique!! There were also no commercials, but yet again I live in Africa and I was just happy to get to watch the super bowl. The hotel also set up mats for us so we could sleep until time to leave for work the next morning. You could tell at training who had watched the super bowl by who had fallen asleep in class. Good times.

Training continues. Its so awaesome to see everyone and weve organized several capture the flag games at the training center which has been fun. My new host family that I am staying with as the first one didnt really work out is really nice, I think, I never really see them as I am normally out with other volunteers or in my room asleep. Celebrate my five month anniversary in Senegal next week. Cant believe it. Life continues to be amazing.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Nice blog. You need to post more pictures! Comment on my blog too! our stage rocks!