10.22.2007

Popenguine Is My Favorite Place on Earth

Due to popular demand and the fact that I am not studying Mandinka but Wolof, I have changed the name of my blog. Doesnt have quite the same sound, but what can you do, huh?

So this weekend my stage went to Popenguine, which is on the Atlantic Ocean just south of Thiès where we work. 40 or so of us went to a beach house to get away from it all and its easily the most fun Ive had since coming to Senegal. It is the most beautiful place I have ever been hands down. If my camera hadnt already broken I would post pictures for you all, but you can probably just google it. Spent 36 hours sitting in a chair on the porch doing absolutely nothing and having the best tiome of my life. I wish I could put it into words. But like all good things, my beach house experience came to an end and I am back in Thiès at work.

Nothing too exciting to report except that in 3 weeks I will be moving to site to start my life there and am a bit anxious about it. I will be all by myself. I found out today that my new address will be:

PCV Mandi Kimberly
B.P. 360
Thiès, Senegal
West Africa

Not too different from the old address, but then again Im only moving 11 km down the road, so what do you expect? Please send packages. I am dying here. Any American food is appreciated. M&Ms, granola bars, cliff bars, raspberrry flavoring for bottled water, mac & cheese. This is only what Ive been craving today. I have my own kitchen at site and plan on cooking for myself, so any American food I can cook up would be great.

No comments: