10.16.2007

So This Is Life

The Honeymoon is officially over. Nothing so exciting to report on these days, so instead I will tell you a bit more about my daily routine.

I get up around 6:3o every day to take my bucket bath, which is surprisingly refreshing and yet I always kinda worry that I missed something. I leave my house at 7:20 to bike to work with Maria, another trainee in my neighborhood. After 10 minutes of being yelled at and mocked by small children, I arrive at work to eat breakfast, normally bread and jam.

Work normally consists of four hours of Wolof language training, then three hours of techinical training; which is the business aspect of my training. Sometimes they spice things up by thorwing in some medical or cross cultural training instead. Medical is always a bit nerve rackig realizing how many things could go wrong.

Work ends at 6:oo and I bike to the internet cafe near my house to email and sometimes use Skype. It works pretty well. Then I go home and talk to my host family theoretically, although sometimes I just end up reading in my room. Eat dinner with my family then more socializing, sometimes an episode of Prison Break dubbed in French, and then off to bed to repeat the entire process all over again.

This is my life. Any questions?

3 comments:

the great kali-llama said...

So I was going to go buy your stuff today, target trip and all. Then out of nowhere I had an interview in 2 hours and now I have a call back all day tomorrow with some Marketing firm. So, your package will have to wait a few more days. No worries, I have not forgotten you. Is anybody sending you Lucky?

KatieMc said...

lack of drama can be good....something to be said for stability....save it up so when crisis comes you are armed.

the great kali-llama said...

the interview went really well. I got the job- but I don't want it. So I have to call and break up with them soon.