10.30.2007

The End of Training Is Near

Spent last weekend in Dakar, which was nothing short of amazing. Its a big, exciting city and I cant wait to spend more time there. We spent the weekend exploring, went out dancing at night and then spent all day chilling. Went to an American Club that had a really nice swimming pool and a volleyball court, played loads of volleyball and definately had a large part in the other team winning. Daniel was not excited to be on my team, but I think I was most improved. I am crazy sore afterwards. Ill have to do that more often. Also, I get in free because Im an American, so thats good.

Spent all day Monday in Dakar taking a tour of the Peace Corps office and the American Embassy, which was good. While in Dakar,tried to buy some mugs for my home in Pout, which I will move into in two weeks, and whenI went to buy them, they didnt have a price tag on them, so the women told meI couldnt buy them.That really blew my mind.Never would that happen in the states. I dont know how much it costs so I cant sell it to you. When I got outside I couldnt believe that had just happened. Perhaps it is not a big deal, but I was just really frustrated by it.

More news to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

miss you and love you! i'm sending you some stuff soon. email me or facebook me if you need something specific. (orangina? lol)

hope you're having fun saving humanity!

KatieMc said...

Hey Mandy, what do folks do there, if anything, for Halloween?