9.10.2007

9.5 hours and counting....

So it's crazy early in the morning and I have just finished packing. My luggage weighs 60 pounds, which is well under the 80 lb maximum that we are given and yet I can't think of anything else I would even want to pack and am positive that I will throw my back out tomorrow on the way to work. God have mercy on the poor souls who went for 80.

It has recently occured to me that tomorrow morning I report to my first full-time job. I tend to forget that the Peace Corps is a job (probably because I haven't started yet and I don't absolutely dread the thought of it). It will be so great to meet everyone else that has taken the plunge. It will be nice to meet some people going through the same things that I am at the moment (i.e. panic). While packing up my life I've realized just how great I have it and just how sad I am to leave. I love my family, I love my friends, I love my boyfriend, I love Target, I love Sephora, I love caramel frappucinos......there will be many sacrifices made. All for the greater good they say. I don't really want to cry anymore so I think I will go pass out from exhaustion.

Next you hear of me will be from Atlanta during staging.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sooooo proud of you!

the great kali-llama said...

i'm just proud that you are able to pack only 60 pounds. Lord knows I would be the poor soul with 80 and a huge travel on.