9.01.2007

Peace Corps Timeline

Greetings! This will be my blogging outlet for my twenty-seven months of working with the United States Peace Corps. First thing I'd like to post is an overview of my journey with the Peace Corps application process:

August 29, 2006: Submitted online application
September 4: Received packet asking for addtl information
September 5: Sent packet back to Peace Corps
September 8: Recruiter called to set up an interview
October 2: Interview. Nominated for Small Business Development in French Speaking Africa leaving September 2007
October 9: Medical packet arrives in mail
November 27: Mailed medical packet back to PC
December 6: PC gets medical packet/receive dental clearance
March 14, 2007: Medically cleared
June 7: Placement Officer calls for second interview
June 13: Receive invitation to serve in Senegal as a Small Enterprise Development Volunteer leaving September 10, 2007
June 14: Called to accept my invitation

So there it is. A long, grueling application process, but its over and I can wait to leave in 9 days (!!!). For those of you who know me, you know that this is the only thing I want to do/can see myself doing after graduating from university this summer. I am so excited I can barely stand it! Check here for more news as it happens.

Mandi

No comments: