9.21.2007

Une Sandwiche Foie and More

To begin with the title of this, yesterday we arrived back in Thiès at around noon and went into town to buy lunch at a sandwich shop. The guy listed the options and one of them was a sandwiche foie, which I understand as a sandwiche froid. French speakers will already see where I went wrong. For the rest of you, apparantly liver sandwich and cold sandwich sound almost identical in French and I had never noticed. So I ordered a cold sandwich and then paid 500CFA for a liver one on accident. I am poor, so I ate it all. Everyone else had really good sandwiches too. I have shit luck with senegalese food, come to find out.

In other news, today we had training all day and then my host family picked me up and showed me to their house. I have a 30 minute bike ride to work everyday, which sucks in African heat but PC cars will take me the first couple days utnil I can find my own way. And it will be good exercise tocompliment my African diet, which is actually fattening mu up. I will have to give names and details of my family later as I am still confused on all of that. My 19 year old host brother, whose name I dont understand yet and feel rude asking for again is listening to Akon and 50 cent next to me. They seem nice so I am happy and i definately have a tv. Hurrah!! I am alive and for the most part well.

We had our first ET today, which basically is PC terms for someone quit. We kinda saw it coming because she complained all the time, but still sad because now we are only 43.

No comments: