11.01.2007

Today Was A Good Day

There arent enough of them in my life these days so I have to write about it!! Today was the first of two days in our CounterPart Workshop. All Peace Corps Volunteers in Senegal are given counterparts to work with who are essentially responsible for looking after us our first three months at site while we work on our language skills and attempt to integrate into the communities. Mine are freaking awesome and I had such a good time talking to them. My female counterpart works with most of Pouts many womens groups, so she will introduce me to them and I can hopefully help them out and she also works with adult literacy!!!! For those of you who dont know, I have spent the last three years volunteering for the Arkansas Literacy Councils, and could not be more excited about working to help Senegalese women learn to read and write!!!! I cannot wait to meet these people and see if I can be of some help!!!

After work went out with some other trainees to chill before heading home. I suppose that was really the highlight of my day but Im just in a really good mood right now. I am glowing actually.

In other news, I got felt up by a child on my way into the cybercafe. I stopped to chat to the owners and the little kids ran over to touch me, which Im getting used to, they are fascinated by me, and one little boy stood on his tiptoes and just grabbed lefty. Awkward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby,
I am so pleased for you I am glad you had a great day today and I hope they keep coming.
I am so proud of you, well done you.
Love always
T
XOXOXO

the great kali-llama said...

ahahahah- i always thought lefty was the best one. from an objective standpoint that is.