11.22.2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

So the title really says it all. This is my first thanksgiving abroad and its kinda weird, but im really lucky to be able to celebrate with other Americans. Took a sept place (french for a beat up renaut station wagon that is still moving in spite of all odds) to Kaolack to have a nice dinner with other volunteers. There should be about 40 of us in town for the night and then tomorrow Im headed back to site to meet with the painters about painting my house. It will cost much more than I anticipated but it should be worth it as my place looks like hell. So should be painted by Tuesday and my furniture gets in Wednesday and then my house will be a home. And it only took two weeks. Next step: Mastering Wolof so I can communicate with people when and if I decide to leave my lovely home....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mandi!! I missed you so much over thanksgiving when I was sitting with the boys and the Lee girls, I needed your comic relief... Mom dragged me shopping from 3am to noon, craziness. I'm having trouble with the no Mandi for the holidays thing. I hope your new apt is great and you are safe and happy! Love, Mindi