11.03.2007

I Have A Muus

Muus is Wolof for cat. Someone found this poor little kitten on the side of the road and brought it to the center. It cant be more than a few weeks old and it looked awful so we started giving it milk and its doing better and its mine. I had thought about getting a cat at site, but wasnt sure since I am leaving in two years anyway and dont really want to abandon it, but all logic went to the wind as Muus is the cutest thing ever and I love him. My camera is broken and so no photos just yet, but hopefully someone else can send me photos of my kitty.

Lots of volunteers get animals, but in Senegal cats are seen as really dirty. Theyre like squirrels. Theyre everywhere and people hate them. In a village setting, I think it could seriously affect a volunteers status, but since I have my own building and my cat wont ever have to be near the family and I live in a bigger site, Im hoping it wont be a problem. Plus Im in love. The things I do for love, I tell you....

2 comments:

KatieMc said...

Muus! How is that pronounced, please? What is the word for dog? Animal? House? Thanks!

the great kali-llama said...

I have a muus too! Actually I have 2 muus. Be aware that the claws are going to annoy the crap out of you in about a month or two when they get "real." And teeth fall out- I did not realize this and totally freaked out when it first happened.