11.08.2007

My Last Entry As A Trainee

So to answer Katies question, Muus is pronounced moose, but it doesnt matter anymore as Muus died today. He was too young to be away from his mother and he just died. Yes it was sad but this is Africa and no one cries over cats here. So, when I get a second muus you will know.

In other super exciting news, I swear in tomorrow. Supposedly I passed my Wolof test, which Im pretty sure is not true as I told them my mother and father were both fifty and then proceeded to tell them Marti, my older sister was 57 as well and is living in Seattle with her wife. I really need to study my vocabulary, but they are letting me move to site anyways. Hurrah!!!

I leave tomorrow at 7:00 am to go to Dakar for the ceremony, which should be fun. Its very formal, so I will be wearing my Korite outfit, which is the only Senegalese outfit I have. Also, it will be televised, and every city and village that is getting a volunteer will be watching, which means that my town will be watching. I am the narrarator in our skit, so wish me luck!!! Im really very happy with everything right now. The trainees have all been hanging out together a lot since we wont see each other for three months and everything has been lovely and life is good.

I was thinking today that tomorrow I will become what I have wanted to be for three years. What an excellent feeling!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey baby, Im sorry to hear about muus. Hope your ok. On a positive note well done for passing your wolof test. I am so proud of you that you have finally got to where you wanted to be after all these years. Well done you.
I love you so much. Well done again. Speak later. Love always
T
XOXOXO