11.11.2007

Im A Peace Corps Volunteer!!!

Its official, as of last Friday when I swore in, I am no longer a trainee, but a fullblown PCV, which is quite possibly the best feeling in the world. I have wanted this for so long as most of you reading this blog know. Swear in was freaking awesome. It was on national television and I got to narrate the skit so I got to get up on the podium and greet the whole country and feel important. I looked a bit like a goober, but no biggy. After the ceremony we had a lunch party with amazing food including caviar. Who thought that my first taste of caviar would be in Africa? Not I.

Have spent all weekend celebrating with my fellow volunteers who I love so much and am really sad to leave. Last night I went to a soirée in the catholic neighborhood, which is just a big dance party and had soooooo much fun!! I even got to do the twist, which would never happen in the states. Most of my stage has already left, but a few of us leave tomorrow. Yes, thats right. I move to Pout tomorrow, which is terrifying. What am I going to do with myself. Im dealing with a lot of anxiety at the moment. I havent even started packing as Im kinda scared to. I feel like having my belongings spread all over my room is comforting. Perhaps I am going insane? My next entry will be from my site, so you can hear all about it. Eek!

2 comments:

the great kali-llama said...

I FINALLY got your package stuff together. I'm assuming you will have a new address. Let me know ASAP so I can work on the mailing process.

Congrats by the way. :)

scottykimberly said...

hey ho, i find it funny that you are getting groped by all of these little kids over there. but hey, that would probably happen here too.

sorry about the lack of a care package, terry sent me good ideas, but my bank account is currently t $102 and i have to make it through nov. utilities and dec. rent and utilities (im not sure how this going to go).

next semester the love is coming when i get my loans in, i promise. and of course you will have a christmas present from me.

im excited to hear you are a full blown PCV now, im sure you are more excited than i could ever be. i wanted to send you an e-mail with lots of updates but i dont know which email to send it to. hit me back with an e-mail address!

love ya sis.

sk.